Monday, May 07, 2007

Lost in Complexity


I made my way through a dark day
Blaming what I feel on the forces that tug with determination
Against my smile and a more gentle way

Your smile and your tenacity
Those two things
They finally won the day

Wandering, lost in complexity, I guess it’s just my way
And then at the end of the day I find your simplicity of reason
Your way to make me need to stay
Unfolding for my senses, yet another season
Of magnificent simple reason

The season of reason I will call it for now
The smile that crosses that freckled face
And opens the door to my own smile somehow
The beginning is close at hand, I think we can tie the lace.

And smile again
In an embrace like hand in glove
Smiling into that lovely freckled face
A face of love

The beginning has come round again
We can tie the lace
And smile again
Face to face

9 Comments:

Blogger Lynilu said...

Very nice, very gentle and tender. I like your poetic side, Seven.

May 7, 2007 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

I meant to ask ... is that BEG? Cutie, whoever it is!!

May 7, 2007 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

It is my interpretation (perhaps illusionary example) of BEG as a young girl.
Yes the words are for BEG, but I pictured a young girl to echo the innocence of straightforward reason.

May 7, 2007 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Reach said...

I was thinking BEG as well. Your words continue to captivate with delight, and this photo offers the premiere illustration.

Thank you

Reach

May 7, 2007 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger patti_cake said...

Another one who thought it was BEG! Great poem Seven!

May 8, 2007 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

very sweet. Something about freckles are so cute and sweet and endearing. I think my daughter is getting a few across her nose and I feel like I am looking at myself sometimes, now. (cause I've got freckles)

May 8, 2007 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Mayden's Voyage said...

What I wouldn't give...

But even if this kind of love is not reflected in me (or about me)- I feel it for my kids.

Precious~
:)
-the Dork :)
LOL! who thinks of you in an equally affectionate way ;)

May 8, 2007 at 10:09 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

You are a poet! Dude! What can't you do????

May 10, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Seven said...

Susan,
Sing. Can't do it except in a laughable way. The dancing isn't pretty either...:(

May 10, 2007 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment