Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What's the Deal With Her?

Recycled post from the past...just cuz I'm danged busy with earning a living today

******************************
My wife sidled up to me on the couch this weekend.

She had a big smile on her face.

Wife: How would like to go to the mall and look for some new underwear with me?

Rick: I think I have plenty of boxers in the bottom drawer of the dresser. I don’t think I need any just yet. Thanks anyway.

She left the room in an angry huff.

It seems like I am always misunderstanding her.

So, feeling responsible for having upset her I got up off the couch to try and straighten it out. I looked in the drawer. I was right however; there are plenty of boxers in there.

What’s the deal with her anyway?

8 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You know us women...we prefer to stay enigmas...makes life a bit more interesting that way.

How boring would it be if you had us figured out all the time, right?

:)

Grant said...

That was a bad answer. I would have gone with "Actually, I don't think I'd like that at all. I think I'll stay here." And then when she stood to huff out of the room I'd ask her to bring me a beer. You know, as long as she was up.

Fish said...

Thanks Rick, and I was just about to take the words of wisdom that you left for me seriously - a close shave!!

Seven said...

Stacy,
I hope you know it's a farcical attempt at comedy, but I can assure there have been occasions where my maleness has awkwardly expressed itself in marriage!

Grant,
Sometimes it feels so hopeless there is nothing left but to stand and fight back...I think this is what you mean?

Colin,
You have learned much quicker than other friends...

Jenn said...

I can't stop laughing!

One thing I think I know is that a man isn't going to do anything but take a woman literally.

What I know I don't know is how to combat that - you know...it's our nature to be mysterious.

Or at least we think it's mysterious. Maybe mysterious translates to 'wha???' in man talk.

Maybe we need to learn to say, 'Honey, come with me to look at sexy panties.'

That might solve some problems.

Seven said...

Yep, while this one is just for comedic value, there have been many heated discussions at our house just because I could not read the necessary thoughts into her statements...as in, skilled at reading between the lines of what was actually said, but I also know it must be very exasperating on the female end.

Minnesota Nice said...

Wow, you must be reeeeeaaaaaaally handsume.

Seven said...

Indeed, but defnutly not stewpid!