Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ama Greeun



I learned about Ama Greeun last night.

First though, a test for you. Just to see what you know:

  1. Is Ama Greeun a small town in Syria?
  2. Is Ama Greeun my friend’s aunt in Austin?
  3. Is Ama Greeun an Irish ballad written during World War II?
  4. Is Ama Greeun the NY Times reporter that is always going on about the environment and SUV’s?
  5. None of the above.

The answer is #5, none of the above.

Here is how I learned about Ama Greeun last night.

I was watching the Yankees play the Angels on television. My wife was snuggled up in her customary little ball beside me. Her head was propped against my shoulder.

Did you ever notice the way the female gender can place their entire body on the couch in these tiny little packages, feet tucked underneath them, arms folded up and all that? How do they do that?

Rick: “I don’t know why, but I just don’t like the Angels. It’s something I can’t explain. I’m cheering for the Yanks tonight”.

Wife: “Yes, there is something about the Angels, I don’t like them. I don’t know what it is”.

Rick: “Sweetie, I just said that! You said the same thing I did.”

Wife: “I know. Ama Greeun with ya”.

She is from Texas.

Now I Get It…….maybe

No comments: