Friday, October 14, 2005

Scarecrow and Me

Dialogue from the Wizard of Oz

Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

Scarecrow I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

This happened to me today

I came home from a workout to find my wife making a baby blanket.

She was making it for our 15 month old grandson. He and his mom are flying in from St. Louis tonight to spend the weekend with us.

Rick: Hey, that’s really a cute blanket!

Wife: Isn’t it cool. It’s a kit. I bought it just 2 hours ago and I’m practically finished with it!

Rick: You made it in just 2 hours?

Wife: Yes, it’s a great kit. It’s a no-brainer. I think you might be able to make one.

Thanks for the confidence sweetie.

Gotta go, Scarecrow and I are off to see the Wizard.

Scarecrow: I could while away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin

If I only had a brain.

No comments: