Friday, October 14, 2005

Scarecrow and Me

Dialogue from the Wizard of Oz

Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

Scarecrow I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

This happened to me today

I came home from a workout to find my wife making a baby blanket.

She was making it for our 15 month old grandson. He and his mom are flying in from St. Louis tonight to spend the weekend with us.

Rick: Hey, that’s really a cute blanket!

Wife: Isn’t it cool. It’s a kit. I bought it just 2 hours ago and I’m practically finished with it!

Rick: You made it in just 2 hours?

Wife: Yes, it’s a great kit. It’s a no-brainer. I think you might be able to make one.

Thanks for the confidence sweetie.

Gotta go, Scarecrow and I are off to see the Wizard.

Scarecrow: I could while away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin

If I only had a brain.

1 Comments:

Blogger TradingCourses said...

Cape Cod Curmudgeon
This is a bright, sunny day! Forgotten what one looks like? Hopefully we have some coming up.
Very interesting. You may want to check out my paul quillen web page paul quillen I'll check back frequently.

October 14, 2005 at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment